One of the latest innovations in access control is the use of a smartphone in place of a physical access card. Mobile credentials are then used to gain access to secured doors, gates, networks, services and more.
It makes sense—cards are more often forgotten, lost, or borrowed, while a phone is usually close to its owner at all times. In fact, in a survey by Campus Safety Magazine, most participants favored mobile access control over key cards, pin codes, fobs, or metal keys.
More and more businesses in Puerto Rico (from all industries) are upgrading their security systems by switching to mobile access control. Are you thinking about it? Let’s look at the main benefits…
Why upgrade to mobile access control?
- Cost-effective – Your employees already have their devices, so no need to invest in key cards or fobs.
- Convenient – Employees can access facilities just by waving their phones in front of a reader.
- Secure – Mobile credentials are delivered through a highly secure and reliable cloud platform. This allows security personnel to create, modify, or revoke credentials instantly. Employees are also less likely to lose or share their devices than with physical credentials.
- Touchless – Contactless systems help protect staff and visitors every day and during emergency situations.
- Scalable – It’s easy to assign more credentials as your company grows.
Introducing HID Signo
One of our favorite solutions for mobile access control is HID Signo—the signature line from our partners at HID Global. Showcasing a sleek, modern design and a slew of intuitive features, HID Signo Readers are highly versatile, reliably secure, and provide a smarter, more connected access control experience.
HID Signo Readers feature HID Global’s Seos® technology—powered by highly advanced encryption and a software-based infrastructure. The line also provides unmatched support for the widest range of credential technologies, including interoperability with legacy credentials.
Upgrading to HID Signo enables building owners to future proof their security systems like never before, ensuring they are equipped with truly dynamic tools to counter new threats or implement enhancements needed for tomorrow.
Upgrade now to mobile access control and be prepared for what’s next.
Schedule an appointment with us to talk more about HID Signo and other mobile access systems. At EAS we’re experts at designing, implementing, and maintaining a wide variety of security and IT solutions for businesses in Puerto Rico, and we’re committed to protect your most valuable assets.
[Related reading: 3 No-Touch Solutions for Your Business]
EAS Security + IT is a technology integration company with 25 years of experience serving industrial, commercial, and government clients in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. Our services include Video Surveillance, Access Control, Data Security, Structured Cabling, Intruder Detection Systems, Key Control & Management, Intercom & P.A. + more.