Any company that puts the time and money into innovation and specialization are opening doors to new horizons and possibilities, it is very important to protect their data. Nowadays, with computers running practically everything in terms of data management, a lot of security is available to protect the systems, if someone is willing to take the giant leap.
The Weakest Link
However, the one thing that has proven time and again to be the most unreliable part of the security chain is human beings. Infiltrators and hackers actively try to avoid direct attacks on systems nowadays and try to gain access through doors that are already open, in this case, quite literally. This is why there is a lot of talk and investment going into access control systems and how it is easier to monitor business premises by restricting and monitoring who is accessing every area.
What is access control?
Access control is a system that not only increases the level of security of your premises by monitoring everyone accessing it, it also adds an additional layer of security where sensitive data/equipment is stored. You are able to see complete trail of every single person who has accessed any part of your premise at any time. You are also able to make sure that only authorized personnel are allowed to enter more sensitive parts of your business premises. Here are some important points that motivate the use of access control system:
- Access control prevents unauthorized access
- Records authorized access
- Protects the company from physical loss
- Protects employees and customers from outside threats
Despite all these figures, a 2015 global information security survey by EY showed that most organizations do not have any programs in place for automation and access management. Things have still not improved today and the concern is even bigger now than ever before!
Benefits of Access Control and how to choose one
Access control provides a net of security and monitoring to employers over their organization that shows every security related information one could want. The benefits that come with having such a system installed are virtually countless and here are a few that are worth thinking about:
- Provide safety to employees during times when security and alarm systems are not armed.
- Protection of sensitive data by limiting access to authorized teammembers
- Complete record, monitoring and audit of the system to ensure details of every single access are stored safely on the system.
Choosing a system that fulfills the requirements of your specific setup/premises completely is very important. There are several factors that you need to weigh in before making a decision and here are the most important ones:
- Scalability: before anything else, make sure that the system you opt for is scalable. As the company grows the need for the system to grow with it will become very much likely.
- Reliability: it is extremely important that the system you choose is capable of deflecting modern day attacks effectively, both cyber and social.
- Cost: this is pretty obvious and self-explanatory. You have to choose a system that is both within your range but also provides the maximum value for your.
Comprehensiveness is key
We specialize in providing solutions that are capable of covering all the angles discussed here and then some! With us you will experience the highest standard in perimeter security with cutting-edge access control solutions that protect your property and most important physical assets. With us, the security of your premises will finally be in the palm of your hand.
For more information about our Security System Products visit http://eas-pr.com/security-system-products/#access-control